Official Sheet Plant Association members, supplying coated board to UK sheet plants
GWP Coatings is pleased to announce an on-going membership of the Sheet Plant Association, allowing members of the SPA to easily access a wide range of board coatings (and supporting products, services and advice) both quickly and easily.
With a current total of more than 100 members and representatives from over 70 sheet plants, GWP Coatings has taken an active role in providing services, presentations and seminars, as well as having a strong presence on the official SPA website.
As well as illustrating GWP’s commitment to the sheet plant sector of our industry, this involvement also allows networking with other companies throughout the UK alongside numerous other benefits.
Advantages GWP Coatings offer to SPA Members
- Easy access to the complete range of products and services (many not available elsewhere)
- High or low volumes welcomed
- Entire range of specialist coatings in stock
- Ink “library” which allows the matching of any pantone colour
- Short production lead times
- Coating of suitable board supplied by members
- Sampling and prototyping service
- Highly cost-effective production of large requirements
- Involvement with seminars, presentations and activities
About the SPA
Further details on the Sheet Plant Association
The UK Sheet Plant Association exists for the benefit of its member companies and their employees, with the Association promoting the interests of the corrugated sheet plant sector.
It also looks to identify any upcoming issues, problems, or opportunities in the immediate future, before establishing a best practice solution. It can also then use its collective power to buy any expertise or solution once before passing this through to its members at a much lower or even no cost basis.
The Sheet Plant Association also provides a forum that offers members the ability to discuss the challenges, opportunities, and advances in the sector.
And finally, it allows sheet plants to share examples of best practice amongst each other, as well as highlighting training and development opportunities.
Aims and objectives of the organisation
- The Association will foster, promote and encourage activities which meet the following aims and objectives.
- It aims to provide a forum where the owners and managers of Corrugated Sheet Plants can meet and discuss matters of common interest.
- To provide a forum where Suppliers to the Sheet Plant sector can discuss matters of common interest with companies engaged in that sector.
- Co-ordinate and pursue joint action in respect of matters affecting the corrugated packaging industry and the Sheet Plant sector.
- Promote the Corrugated Sheet Plant sector to existing and potential customers.
- Promote and encourage best practise amongst member companies.
- Provide training for industry specific skills and knowledge, and training for personal development for the employees of member companies.
- Promote co-operative working between member companies.
- Co-operate with and exchange information with associations having similar aims and objectives, not only in the UK, but also in Europe and the USA.
The following is the mission statement of the SPA, as set out by Chairman, Tim Gray.
My vision for the SPA for the next two years is very clear – to help our member companies to become and continue to be excellent businesses. I plan to achieve this by offering two flavours of professional support for Sheet Plants
On a Micro level – training, best practice initiatives and good professional advice/support for all Sheet Plants in the SPA.
On a Macro level – keep our members well informed and safe with regular updates on the economic outlook, new legislation and Health & Safety guidelines, whilst continuing to use the SPA as a vehicle to influence our industry peers, government and consumers.
Gain further insight into the Sheet Plant Association
The below video shows GWP Packaging Sales Director, David Mason, giving his thoughts on the benefits of membership of the SPA.
You can also see a wide range of additional videos from teh SPA, by visiting their YouTube channel by clicking here.
Find Out More
Further information on the Sheet Plant Association
For further information on becoming a member of the Sheet Plant Association, its training courses, seminars, events and how it can benefit your sheet plant, please visit their website at www.sheetplantassociation.com.